Before you have decided to take care of a pet dog,
- Decide to buy a puppy.
- Contact your friends or a pet shop.
- Select the right type of Dog as per your whims and fancies.
- Dog breeds-Labrador, German Sheperd, Pug, Doberman, Pomeranian, etc.
“Money can help you buy a fine pet dog, but your genuine love makes your dog wag its tail”.
First of all, you should know to meet out the physical and emotional needs of a pet dog through:
- Provision of proper nutritious food.
- Clean drinking water
- Adequate shelter.
- Plenty of exercises
- Allotment of playtime.
Vital Advisory Tips to take Care of A Pet Dog
To take care of a pet dog, stick on to the following steps.
- See that your dog is vaccinated.
- You must always have a reliable and dependable veterinarian in hand.
- The veterinarian instructs you about the diseases persisting in your local area.
- The veterinarian provides an official card to remind the dog owner about the booster injections.
- Card Details-Name of the Dog owner and description of the dog.
- Your dog should be vaccinated against rabies, distemper, hepatitis, parainfluenza, leptospirosis, etc.
- Take your dog to a veterinary hospital at least twice a year.
Collar Tags and ID Chips
- Put tags on your dog’s collar with an ID Chip.
- If your dog gets lost/stolen, it is easy to trace out your dog with its collar tag and ID chips.
- ID Chip-A small micro-chip injected under the dog’s skin over the shoulders.
- Micro-chip details-It has a vital number, with a dog owner’s contact details.
Get Pet Health Insurance
- If veterinary treatment is very expensive, you can take a pet insurance policy.
- You have to pay a monthly premium to the selected insurance company to meet your expenses when the dog gets sick or injured.
Grooming of pet dogs involves three steps.
- Depending on the dog’s breed, do regular brushing to analyze your dog’s body position.
- Daily comb your pet dog’s hair.
- Prevent knots.
- Apply shampoo and bathe your dog daily.
Step 2-Nails Trimming
- It is very hard to trim your dog’s nails but it is important to keep your dog’s paws healthy.
- Use a good trimmer to trim the dog’s nails.
- After trimming, take your dog for a walk.
Step3-Cleaning of dog’s coat
- Dirty coats-skin infection.
- Bathe your dog regularly with shampoo.
- Use velvet soap to give a regular bath for your dog.
- The shampoo is the best skin conditioner for your dog.
- If the fur grows long, it irritates the dog’s toes.
- Use a dog groomer to trim your dog’s coat.
Do you think that dogs suffer from obesity?
- Yes!they do suffer from obesity.
Socializing and playing with your dog
Lots of exercises and games burn excess energy and prevent your dog from obesity problems
- Provide your dog with the right amount of exercise.
- Play games like throwing a ball and making it get tired.
- Take for a long walk.
- Maintain a tall fence so that your pet dog doesn’t run away and jump over the fence.
Pet dog’s mental stimulation
- Just like human beings, dogs also get bored up.
- To make your dog feel happy, go for mental stimulation(obedience training).
- You must communicate with your pet dog.
- Train your dog by saying commands such as “Sit”, “Come”, “Go”, “Stay”, etc.
- This is done to strengthen your relationship with your pet dog and improve its concentration capacity.
- You can reward your dog if it is obedient through small treats. (Eg: an extra handful of pedigree, an extra bone to chew, etc).
- Socialize your dog to become a proper adult dog.
- Introduce your dog to many people, smells, and sounds.
Allow your dog to display normal behaviour
- Make your dog play.
- Train your dog to sniff its surroundings.
Respect and Love your pet dog
- Give a lovely name for your dog.
- Fulfil the basic needs of the dog.
- Register your dog with the veterinarian.
- Protect your dog more during summer and winter days.
- Build a mutual love bond.
Improved diet tips to take care of a pet dog
Avoid feeding your dog with cooked meat
- Except for human beings, all animal species eat raw food.
- So, see that you half cook your dog’s meal to make it become stronger and improve its immunity.
- Don’t give chocolates or sugar flavoured food to your dog, since there is every chance for your pet dog to lose its beautiful thick coated hair.
- Check and see whether your pet dog is becoming fat.
What is Pedigree?
- Pedigree is a well-balanced diet for your pet dog.
- It strengthens your dog’s muscles and bones.
- It makes your dog more active and smart.
- A slim dog is medically fit.
- Don’t overfeed your dog.
- See that your dog is always slim and lean.
- Don’t be worried that the dog is thin.
- Many types of dry pet foods contain gluten meals.
- Corn gluten in small amounts is harmful to your dog’s organs.
- So, GMO corn is normally used in pet foods.
Provide water for your dog regularly
- Fill a container with water.
- Place the container near its shelter so that it will drink water whenever it is thirsty
- You can also buy a water filter to provide the dog with pure, safe, and nutritious water.
Wash the dog’s bowl with vinegar and safe cleaning products
- Use stainless steel bowls to feed your pet dog.
- See that your dog’s food bowl and water containers are cleaned regularly.
- White vinegar-a good product to clean your dog’s bowl, water containers, etc.
Safety and Precautionary measures (For Dog Bite)
- Though they are pet animals, you must remember that these pet dogs are animals and there’s every chance for them to bite even the dog owner.
- You must be very careful with stray dogs. They are more harmful than pet dogs.
- Please don’t forget to vaccinate your dog.
- If the dog bites you, use a clean towel over the injury to stop bleeding.
- Elevate the injured area.
- Wash the bitten area with soap and water immediately.
- Bandage your wound.
- Don’t be careless and lethargic thinking that your dog is vaccinated.
- Go to the hospital immediately.
- Consult your family doctor to get the right treatment.
- Inform the doctor about your dog’s vaccination without fail.
“Dogs will understand your pain better than any human”.
I hope this article was very useful.
Stay home!! Stay Happy!